Cancer Therapy Support
Complimentary CranioSacral Therapy (CST) treatment sessions for cancer patients are now supported by the Dr. John E. Upledger Foundation. The program is designed for cancer patients currently receiving treatment who could benefit from CST supporting them during cancer treatment protocols. We also invite therapists to participate in this wonderful opportunity to pay it forward.
Dates: Sessions offered on the second Tuesday of each month
Times: 3:00 pm - 4:00 pm or 4:15 - 5:15 pm
Typically supervised by: Jill K. Mabry LMT, CST-D
Patients will experience all the benefits of CST without the financial stress of paying for treatment.
After receiving CST, cancer patients have reported:
- Relief from the side effects of cancer treatments
- Decreased or eliminated nausea and/or improved appetite
- Reduction of pain, fatigue, stress and tension
- Improvement in quality of life and well-being
- Increased energy and vitality
For Our Practitioners
We invite you to participate as a therapist! This is a wonderful opportunity to pay it forward by treating those in need with your healing hands.
If you are a newer CST student, in addition to providing valuable therapy, these sessions are an excellent way to build your palpation skills and better prepare yourself to continue on your CST training.
If you are a more experienced therapist you will be sharing with newer practitioners your years of experience.
For Newer Practitioners
- You will be providing treatment while being monitored by an advanced CST practitioner.
- You get much-needed practice hours, while being observed by experienced CST professionals.
Remember... it is recommended that you perform 75-100 10-step protocols before moving on to CranioSacral Therapy 2.
- While volunteering to treat some of our most vulnerable patients, you get the immediate reward of helping others who may not have the resources to receive treatment.
- Opportunity to hone your skills and techniques.
For Seasoned Practitioners
- You will have the immediate reward of helping others who may not have the resources to receive treatment
- Interaction and connection with other CST practitioners at the Upledger Institute Clinic
How to Apply
For more information to participate as a client, please contact the Upledger Institute Clinic.
To apply to participate as a therapist, please complete and return the application.
Take A Tour of Upledger Clinic
The tour is designed to welcome you to our clinic where you will be guided by one of our therapists. You will meet our receptionist, view a treatment room, experience a demonstration of the light touch of CranioSacral Therapy and learn about all the therapies offered at the clinic. You will see the office of Dr. John E. Upledger, the developer of CranioSacral Therapy, the classroom where instruction takes place, and hear about our global connection. The tour lasts approximately one hour. To reserve a space, call us at 561-622-4706.
Learn about the Dr. John E. Upledger Foundation programs
The Dr. John E. Upledger Foundation was formed to raise awareness, support and treatment for CranioSacral Therapy and its benefits to those suffering from a wide range of medical problems associated with pain and dysfunction and other conditions including Concussions, TraumaticBrain Injury, Autism and Post-Traumatic Stress. TheFoundation's Cancer Therapy Support program provides complimentary CranioSacral Therapy (CST) treatment sessions for cancer patients.